Saturday, 17 October 2009

My Birthday

My birthday was a good one :) It really started on the night of the 14th for me. I met my flat mates (hall mates) at the Belfry bar. We sat around, had a drink or two, and then headed back to our kitchen to hang out some more. We waited for midnight and they sang to me. When it was time to go to bed, they all followed me to my door, only for me to find that they had decorated it with banners and balloons. It was a nice evening :)

On the actual day, I met up with Betty and we went to the Tate Britain museum. Saw some Turner and Sargent. It's very nice and I'd love to go back. Following that we had lunch in Beth's cute little neighborhood. I had a croque madame....yummy :} (I know I often talk about food. Sorry I can't help it haha. I'm a big fan of it).

When I returned home I rested for a bit. That evening I met friends and we rode the bus to Putney to have dinner at this neat Thai restaurant. I'd never had it before, but I really liked it! After dinner my friends and I went to a bar near by. We danced and drank and had a good ole time. I think a good time was had by all. When I got back to my flat, my flat mates came to my door with a cake, all lit up, and they sang to me. Plus they had gotten the whole flat to sign a card for me. They are a great bunch :)

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...I thought I had already posted a comment on here, but I guess not, so I'll just comment again.

    Food is a huge part of study abroad, so don't feel guilty about writing about it! I'll always enjoy reading about it. :)

    I'm glad you had a good 21st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete