Earlier in the day she and I decided to just go to Globe and see if we could get tickets for that night's performance of "As You Like It". Well, after a long trek there and waiting in line for a bit, we got tickets! They were standing room, mind you, but nonetheless we got them! And they were only 5 pounds! The show was so wonderful. I enjoyed every minute. The acting was superb, and since we had standing room (we considered it getting in touch with our peasant roots..) we were right in front of the stage. It was a wonderful evening.
By the second act we were sufficiently freezing and starving, so after the show we went in search of food and warmth. After a few failed attempts, we stumbled upon a little Italian place by the Thames that would feed us dinner at 10:15 at night. And that, my friends, was my adventure of last night!
Kerry, you have no idea how envious I am of this experience! Yes, I'm delighted to be back at Georgetown, but reading your blog makes me so nostalgic for study abroad and Europe! please stay all year so I can come visit you in the spring :) miss you!
ReplyDelete