Friday, 6 November 2009

Night at the Opera

Yesterday was a good day. After much confusion, mom and I finally met in Trafalgar Square and walked over to Leicester Square. There we bought theater tickets - after mom confused by the number of 1/2 price ticket stalls and thinking we should be selective in choosing one - for The Phantom of the Opera that evening! So excited. But, seeing the show was at 7:30 and it was about 2:00, we had some time to wander about a bit.

With our extra time I thought it might be nice to show mom Fortnum and Mason, the lovely kind of department store in Picadilly Circus. She loved it of course - the teas, chocolates, pastries, dishes, Christmas stuff, etc, etc, etc. We wandered from floor to floor and had a lovely time. By the time we left it was about dinner time, so we stopped at an Italian cafe for pizza and beer. Good times :) Next we went to Uni Clo! Love that store.

Finally it was time for the show. We get to the theater - Her Majesty's Theater - and find our seats. But, of course, I was sent after some pre-show cocktails :) The show was wonderful. I've always wanted to see it on stage! I enjoyed it so much. I definitely cried a tiny bit once or twice. It's probably my favorite show.

Seeing it was late and dark, I thought it might be best to escort my mom home to Beth's.

That's my latest adventure. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment